Saturday, April 16, 2011

New Painting

Joy Ride #2
Acrylic on wood panel
23" x 31"
Its been awhile since I posted a new work! It has taken some time to remodel- and get used to- my new studio, but I love it. When I first moved into the space many years ago, I didn't have the time to set up a proper studio, so now this space is very organized and user-friendly. Hopefully now, my blog postings will be more frequent.

News Flash! I will be sharing my studio with Nancy Hall, amazing assemblage artist who keeps finding fascinating objects to use in her sculptures. I often sketch them so images of her objects sometimes end up in my paintings. Luckily, she says she is also inspired by my paintings, so I guess its a fair deal! Perhaps we'll try some collaborations...

I also did a small gouache painting of Joy Ride (see earlier post), but the larger version is different- more so then I expected. My work is for sale, please email me for inquiries.