Monday, July 6, 2009

Conversation
6" x 6"
Woodcut #50
$150

I made it! 50 woodcuts in 50 days. As you can see, I didn't have a specific theme so each day I woke up wondering what the subject of my woodcut would be. Some days it was quite a pleasant surprise. Other days it left me wondering.

I definitely re-ignited my love for the art of woodcut- and I finally learned how to sharpen those Japanese woodcut tools. I'm looking forward to doing some larger, multi-block woodcuts soon. I'm off now for several days to the hot springs for a break. Thanks for following my blog. I'll start up with some new, larger work when I get back.

I hope you can make it to the grand opening of the show and see the actual woodcuts in person- the 3-d, sculptural aspect adds to their impact. I'll have all 50 of my woodcuts on display- along with sixty-six of my fellow 50/50 artists- at the opening on July 24th, 7 to 9pm at the Sanchez Art Center - 1220 Linda Mar Blvd. in Pacifica, CA 94044. At www.sanchezartcenter.org you can find links to some of the other 50/50 artists...they're all awesome.

Email me at andrewleone@earthlink.net if you want to reserve a woodcut prior to the opening of the show.